Thursday, April 22, 2010

Claudia's Happy-Go-Lucky List for April

1. Anatole and the Cat by Eve Titus; Random House; $14.95
Anatole is a mouse living in Paris who supports his 12 little children and his lovely wife Doucette as a cheese taster with a great reputation. But then the cheese factory owner's cat causes a lot of turmoil in Anatole's life. I loved this sweet book written in 1950 so much that I actually named my cat Anatole.

2. Let Your Life Speak by Parker J. Palmer; Jossey-Bass; $18.95
A dear friend recommended this little passionate book about finding your vocation in life.

3. Operating Instructions by Anne Lamott; Random House; $13.95
This memoir is filled with sweet, heart-wrenching and hilarious funny anecdotes and reminiscences; a must-read for chronically depressed people because it puts life in perspective.

4. Bird by Bird by Anne Lamott; Random House; $15.00
The title is my mantra in life.

5. In My Den by Sara Gillingham and Lorena Siminovich; Chronicle Books; $8.99
On rainy or cold nights when I am snuggling with my cat Anatole, I will read this book to him. He loves it.

No comments: