Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Random Books I Want To Read

Greetings book lovers!

On a semi-regular basis I will post random selections of books I want to check out that are in stock at Big Blue Marble Bookstore. These could be classics, Indiebound bestsellers, African history, memoirs, pop culture, humor, kid chapter books, or anything that strikes my fancy. I have an infinite love of books and an infinite amount of curiosity. So these are books that I look at while drinking a cup of Rishi Masala Chai (available in our cafe... hee,hee), while I am dusting off the tops of shelves, while I am daydreaming in the middle of the sales floor about authors I want to come visit us, and while I am wiping smudges off our wooden floors. These are books that we receive weekly and books that have been sitting on our shelves for awhile. Join me, if you will, on a virtual tour of book love through our bookstore.

Love, Maleka, events coordinator at Big Blue Marble Bookstore



First Random Pick: The Death and Life of Great American Cities by Jane Jacobs, $15.95, in our History section.

Intriguing. I heard this book first mentioned in a reading by local author David Grazian for his book On the Make. It seems to be a classic book about urban planning and the history of cities. Plus the other day I had a personal revelation that I always want to live or at least be very close to a city. And Jane Jacobs was born in Scranton, Pennsylvania! So it reminds me of the TV show The Office and I love that show.

No comments: