Sunday, July 13, 2014

Five Books Nif's Three-Year-Old Likes to Quote

Pete the Cat: I Love My White Shoes by Eric Litwin and James Dean (HarperCollins, $16.99)
We even don't own this book (yet), but he was reciting it in a completely recognizable fashion. They must have read it to him in school.

Skippyjon Jones by Judy Schachner (Penguin, $17.99)
"Oh, I am Skippyjon Jones, and I bounce on my bed, And once or SIX times, I land on my head."
He's a cat. Who thinks he is a chihuahua. So much energy and silliness.

I'm a Frog! - an Elephant & Piggie book by Mo Willems (Disney Press, $8.99)
This one gets re-enacted from start to finish, as best as we can remember it. Pure gold.

Digger, Dozer, Dumper by Hope Vestergaard and David Slonim
(Random House, $15.99)

Poems about all kinds of trucks. Lots of fun to read aloud. I LOVE hearing my little one quote the verse about the cement mixer, "If he dawdles on the way, his slushy load will harden."

Go, Dog. Go! by P.D. Eastman (Random House, $8.99)
"Do you like my hat?" It might be a shirt in the process of being taken off, or a towel, or a toy, or maybe even an actual hat.
"No, I do not like that hat."
"Goodbye!"
"Goodbye!"

Jennifer Woodfin, July 2014

No comments: