Schedule and event information:
- Festival schedule on our website (and summarized below).
- Facebook festival page (though honestly I'm not sure I understand Facebook's new event system -- I keep getting recursive tabs when I try to click for more details).
- Event listings on Facebook, which include most (though not all) of the festival's individual events.
Blog posts with some attending authors and their books:
- Interview with Amy Ignatow, author of The Popularity Papers.
- Interview with Cordelia Jensen, author of young adult verse novel Skyscraping.
- Event writeup from last fall's YA author panel with I.W. Gregorio, author of None of the Above, and Randy Ribay, author of An Infinite Number Of Parallel Universes.
Blog posts with kids' books and other resources:
- Celebrating Multiracial Families and Friendships: A List of Books for Kids and Teens
- Great QUILTBAG (Queer, etc.) Books for Kids and Teens
Festival Schedule Summary:
Thursday, April 7
5:30pm - Young Writers Reading.
Authors ages 8-12 from the Abington Arts Center Writing Workshop will be presenting their first public reading.
7:00pm - Elizabeth Gold, author of The Mommy Group: Freaking Out, Finding Friends, and Surviving the Happiest Time of Our Lives.
Friday, April 8
6:00pm - Family Book Party in Honor of Autism Awareness Month.
Family Book Party with Kristin and Billy Arniotis, authors of I Have Autism and That's Okay, plus games, read alouds, and fun.
Saturday, April 9
10:00am - Beloved Book Characters Tea Party!
Bring your favorite book or plush toy, or come dressed as your favorite character! We'll share stories and have tea and special snacks.
1:00pm - Reading with Laurie Wallmark, author of Ada Byron Lovelace and the Thinking Machine, plus Science Activities.
3:00pm - Great New Books and Series for Middle Grade Readers!
Discover some great new series books with Sarah L. Thomson, author of Secrets of the Seven: The Eureka Key, and Amy Ignatow, author of The Popularity Papers.
6:00pm - Beverly Cleary's 100th Birthday Party!
Beverly Cleary will be 100 years old next week! We'll celebrate with cake, games, and great memories. Come in costume if you want! Still have your favorite Cleary books from childhood? Bring them along! We'll also be making a video birthday card to send to our illustrious author!
Sunday, April 10
11:00am - Great Lives, Great Picture Books!
- Gary Golio, author of Bird & Diz and Jimi Hendrix
- Susanna Reich, author of Minette's Feast and Fab Four Friends
- E.B. Lewis, multi-award-winning illustrator of more Big Blue Marble favorites than we can count, including The Other Side, Talkin' About Bessie, and All Different Now: Juneteenth, the First Day of Freedom
1:00pm - Books Are Great Tools for Exploring Our World.
Children's nonfiction authors take complex information and create fun, engaging books that invite children to explore.
- Terry Catasús Jennings, author of Gopher to the Rescue! A Volcano Recovery Story
- Jeanne Pettenati, author of Galileo’s Journal 1609-1610
- Ellen Marcus, author of That Fish On Your Dish: A book for children with eco-conscious parents
3:00pm - QUILTBAG Books YA Author Panel with I.W. Gregorio, author of None of the Above and a founder of the We Need Diverse Books movement; Randy Ribay, author of An Infinite Number of Parallel Universes; and Cordelia Jensen, author of Skyscraping.
(For teens and up)
Once again, you can find the full festival schedule on our website.
Looking forward to seeing you this weekend!